Topic 1: Happy new year!
1. What are things that impressed you last year? Did anything special happen to you?
2. What are things that you expect to happen this year and in the next 10 years? Considering AI development, rapid climate change, new innovations and terrorism all over the world, how do you predict the next 10 years?
3. What are your new year’s resolutions?What are your goals this year? What are you going to start or stop doing this year?
Topic 2: Do we really need media self-censorship on works featuring the celebrities who have done something wrong?
1. When a celebrity gets arrested for a criminal act, companies sometimes stop selling their music or videos, and airing TV shows and commercials. What scandals and subsequent self-censorship moves have you ever heard of?
2. Are there any differences between the cases in terms of the degree of censorship, their role in the works, seriousness or type of crime, nationality, etc. Or, how are things treated overseas?
3. There apparently is debate about how to deal with situations. Why do those companies exercise self-censorship? Why do some people criticize such moves while others support them?
4. Do we really need media self-censorship on works featuring the celebrities who have done something wrong?